Thursday 11 August 2011

VC Distinguished Teaching Award Nomination

I have been nominated for a DMU VC distinguished teaching award. I didn't win, but very humbled and inspired by the following comment from a student.

Dr Basten is an amazing lecturer and teacher. He consults us on how we would prefer to receive our lectures. He doesn't just write a powerpoint, stick it on BlackBoard and read it to us. He gets involved, draws diagrams and explains how what we're being taught will be helpful after university and how we should answer any exam questions that may involve this subject. He's always available when we need help, either after a lecture or available by email to which he always quickly replies. I think he deserves an award because I look forward to his lectures, which I find easy to understand although the content is difficult. He is amazing."




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone